Find out which UPS solution is best for you!
Use APC’s very own interactive UPS sizing tool
The Mercury Group specializes in the following Power Solutions:
Use our State of Connecticut DAS/BEST Master Agreement MB-05-022 today for your APC Solution!
Learn more about our State Contracts: Click here.
Get the Facts…Real Answers for Real Questions
What is a UPS?
A UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply is a battery that supplies temporary power to an electrical device such as a server.
Does my PC need to be a UPS?
Yes. A UPS can help to keep your computer running smoothly during a power outage. A UPS will allow you with enough time to save what you are doing and safely shut down your system.
Do my phones need UPS?
If your phones are using Power over Ethernet then a blackout will drop the call. If you are using an external phone provider that uses VOIP or SIP then you also need the UPS to power your routers and NTU.
What else do I need to know about UPS?
A UPS smooths out flunctutuations if unfiltered can cause hardware failures and reduce the life of server components
Why Independent Grounding & Bonding is essential to your facility’s data center:
- An active, functioning ground system provides protection to personnel and equipment. Proper grounding & bonding are essential for efficient network performance.
- Independent grounding and bonding is just as essential as your building ground.
- Blade Servers run at high speeds and are are highly sensitive to electrical interference (EMI/Noise)- they need clean power.
What are the effects of improper grounding?
- Lower reliability
- Safety Risks
- Potential Fire Hazards
- An improperly designed grounding system may be a primary source of interference and emission.
- Poorly designed or improperly applied grounding, bonding, and shielding techniques often adversely affect the performance of electronic equipment- from the circuit board to the network system.
From your data center, to the manufacturing floor, to facilities operations, there are critical systems and equipment that require proper grounding and bonding. Protecting those systems, equipment, and personnel helps to ensure equipment reliability and thus availability of services, while resulting in lower operational expense.